United States Relic Recovery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99

+3
pryorcreekjoe
Freak on a Lesche
GonehuntingForHistory
7 posters

Go down

Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 Empty Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:45 am

Robo99 came up to Oklahoma today to do a little detecting.. We were really coinhunting and he had a great find, but I ended up finding more relics than coins. He brought the SE and had coil issues so he used my E-Trac coil to test. I used the Deus. We hunted one spot that was a waste of time. I did manage a 42 wheat but, a few clad was it. So we moved to a spot where I had done really well last year and hit the backyard. After hunting there all day, I think that someone had cherry picked it before us but, we still came out with some goods..
My first find of the yard was this pocket watch or stopwatch.
Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 PrSbCVideo Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 NRWVc
I found another wheat and it was a 1919.
Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 NCsaO
I found 3 nickels, a 41 Jeff, and two no date buffs.
Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 EwHZO
While Robo was making his find of the day, I had a large piece of iron that was covering a lot of area so I wanted to dig it up to make sure there wasn't any good targets being covered by it.. It has to be my biggest cool relic in a while..
Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 PfWem
This thing measures 16 1/2 inches from tip to blade end...
Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 JTo2u
and the blade length was 5 1/2 inches. This thing is massive
Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 SAdAD

There is an interesting story from the early days of Durant. Just across the street from where we were at was the scene of a grizzly murder. A Jewish couple's daughter was murdered in the house. The killer(s) left the scene, and fled down the street and headed to a house that was being built at the time. The workers the next day found a set of bloody clothes in what was then the basement. The mother was so distraught that she burned her home down, and it was later rebuilt. Now I don't know if they know what the murder weapon was or if it was found.. But am going to check on it. We are still trying to figure out why a cleaver of this size was buried in this yard. I don't think this house was here at the time of the story. It is in line with where the clothes were found..

After finding that, I found several other relics, including this pocket watch back(doesn't fit the other).
Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 EQ6ARVideo Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 SWMLw
Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 HcOvS
Also a piece of Durant's history with this token....Robo99 said this explained the bankers hours saying.. they usually work till about 10 then go home..lol
Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 TNmzIVideo Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 BCTFp
And this cub scout button
Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 JtAcF
We had fun didn't find alot of coins, but some good laughs and am ready to hunt again... Hope you enjoyed the read..
Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 NYQXx

Last edited by GonehuntingForHistory on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

http://www.gonehunting.mymdforum.com

Back to top Go down

Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 Empty Re: Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99

Post by Freak on a Lesche Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:44 am

looks like a great hunt.
Freak on a Lesche
Freak on a Lesche
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99 Empty Re: Video Added---Today's hunt with AKARob, I mean Robo99

Post by pryorcreekjoe Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:30 am

Nice digs.
pryorcreekjoe
pryorcreekjoe
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel In Alaska Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Nice Token, and Im sure those datless Buff's are 19 something, you figure out the last two numbers since ai gave you the 19.And that cleaver is freaking ginormous.

Daniel In Alaska
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by bagonails Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Nice finds, I recognize that cleaver, my mother used to chase me with one just like it.
bagonails
bagonails
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by robo99 Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

That cleaver was something ungodly to see come out of a hole. GH almost looked evil pulling it out and wielding it. It was a fun day.

robo99
Square Nail
Square Nail

Back to top Go down

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:37 pm

lol I've never found anything like that.. it was huge...
GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

http://www.gonehunting.mymdforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinthumb Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Nice digs, Congrats.
tinthumb
tinthumb
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/user/tinthumb1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down