United States Relic Recovery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Coin hunting today and still managed my best button find!!! Updated Info

+3
pryorcreekjoe
bagonails
GonehuntingForHistory
7 posters

Go down

Was Coin hunting today and still managed my best button find!!! Updated Info  Empty Was Coin hunting today and still managed my best button find!!! Updated Info

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:32 pm

I met up with DpDave's evil twin Hunting4fun today to hit a new spot in Durant that we were sure would be loaded with good finds.. Well it was a bust or so I thought... We found no coins older than 1965. H4F did find a cool token... again.. My first relic was a hair pin or buckle. It has 6 flowers on it.
I moved around to the backyard and dug a pocket of clad. I was getting tired of digging memorials and clad dimes when I got a 10-42 on the Trac.. It repeated and thought might as well check it. Clad I did,, I mean Glad I did!!! It ended up be made from 1893 to 1940's, probably from the Indian Wars... Not as Old as I originally thought, but I LIKE IT! Woo hoo....
Was Coin hunting today and still managed my best button find!!! Updated Info  100_0511
Was Coin hunting today and still managed my best button find!!! Updated Info  100_0512
I did find a nice 1897 Indian but it shadows in comparison to the button... at least to me anyway...Was Coin hunting today and still managed my best button find!!! Updated Info  100_0513
didn't find anything else but I'm not complaining.. Do have enough for a vid.. should have it done by the end of the week...Was Coin hunting today and still managed my best button find!!! Updated Info  100_0514

Last edited by GonehuntingForHistory on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

http://www.gonehunting.mymdforum.com

Back to top Go down

Was Coin hunting today and still managed my best button find!!! Updated Info  Empty Re: Was Coin hunting today and still managed my best button find!!! Updated Info

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:35 am

Awesome

Back to top Go down

Was Coin hunting today and still managed my best button find!!! Updated Info  Empty Re: Was Coin hunting today and still managed my best button find!!! Updated Info

Post by bagonails Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:09 am

I am going to have to go through my buttons, I have seen that one before. Just not sure if it was one of mine or Tinthumbs, it was found at a watering spot the military used. If I find it I will get a pic up.
Oh yea, great find. Love the buttons.
bagonails
bagonails
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:11 am

thanks guys... man I would rather find pre 1900 buttons that coins... just my opinion.. lol
GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by pryorcreekjoe Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Is it my imagination or is that a pelican on an anchor? Oh yeah, good finds. (gotta watch that h4f Twisted Evil )
pryorcreekjoe
pryorcreekjoe
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Freak on a Lesche Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Hey great hunt!
Freak on a Lesche
Freak on a Lesche
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by tinthumb Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:39 am

Love those buttons GH.
tinthumb
tinthumb
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/user/tinthumb1

Back to top Go down

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:08 am

pryorcreekjoe wrote:Is it my imagination or is that a pelican on an anchor? Oh yeah, good finds. (gotta watch that h4f Twisted Evil )
no it's an eagle... I thought the same thing when I first brushed it off... Laughing
GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel In Alaska Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:47 pm

AWESOME! Marine Corps Button dude.

Daniel In Alaska
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:27 pm

thanks sir ready to see some of your posts and welcome to the forum..
GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by gator211 Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:05 am

Sweet button GH, and I sure do love Indians...

gator211
Square Nail
Square Nail

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel In Alaska Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:42 pm

Me? have finds.I dont have that many, and there all old Smile

Daniel In Alaska
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down