United States Relic Recovery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gator's Gear

3 posters

Go down

Gator's Gear Empty Gator's Gear

Post by gator211 Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:44 am

Minelab Etrac w/ stock 11" coil
Sunray X-8
Sunray X-5

Tesoro Deleon w/ stock 6x9" coil
5" Coil

Garrett Pro Pointer
Leshe Hand Digger
Leshe Little Eagle Shovel
Leshe Relic 80 shovel
Sunray Gold Pro Headphones
White's finds pouch, but I'm making my own now. I'll post pics when I finish it.
Garmin Oregon 450t
Sony Bloggie Video Camera that I have yet to use on a dig. I always forget I have it on me!

gator211
Square Nail
Square Nail

Back to top Go down

Gator's Gear Empty Re: Gator's Gear

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:16 am

Just noticed you have a sunray x-8... how do you like it? I haven't seen many people use it. I have been wanting to check out the SEF Butterfly.. but no one I know has one...
GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

http://www.gonehunting.mymdforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gator211 Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:29 am

GonehuntingForHistory wrote:Just noticed you have a sunray x-8... how do you like it? I haven't seen many people use it. I have been wanting to check out the SEF Butterfly.. but no one I know has one...

Hey GH...honestly I use that coil more than any other. It just seems more versatile than the other two. The X-5 is great, but I only use it in REALLY trashy areas. The X-8 I feel like I can use pretty much anywhere even in very trashy areas without feeling like I have to move at a snails pace to cover some area like with the X-5. I'd say I have probably used the X-8 as much as 60% of the time since I bought it. Of course the 11" coil has its place, but if I had to choose between the X-5 and X-8, it would be the 8 hands down.

Just my humble opinion. Take it for what its worth...

gator211
Square Nail
Square Nail

Back to top Go down

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:53 am

thanks I like the idea of downsizing the coil but getting the depth.. especially when gridding
GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Keex Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:41 pm

You sound like you have some EXP. Talking about different coil sizes and types and stuff, cool. Me i just swing and dig, it seems to work well enough where im at but 98 out of 100 signals are good there. I was just thinking that where you are swinging play's a huge part vrs. what and how you are swinging. Please don't take that wrong , i have very very little EXP. , just food for thought especially for me, just was thinking out loud kind of.

Keex
Square Nail
Square Nail

Back to top Go down

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:43 am

gator211 wrote:
GonehuntingForHistory wrote:Just noticed you have a sunray x-8... how do you like it? I haven't seen many people use it. I have been wanting to check out the SEF Butterfly.. but no one I know has one...

Hey GH...honestly I use that coil more than any other. It just seems more versatile than the other two. The X-5 is great, but I only use it in REALLY trashy areas. The X-8 I feel like I can use pretty much anywhere even in very trashy areas without feeling like I have to move at a snails pace to cover some area like with the X-5. I'd say I have probably used the X-8 as much as 60% of the time since I bought it. Of course the 11" coil has its place, but if I had to choose between the X-5 and X-8, it would be the 8 hands down.

Just my humble opinion. Take it for what its worth...
Sounds good!.. Robo just got the x-8.. I use my X-5 quite a bit, just easier when workin in town..thanks for the input!
GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down