United States Relic Recovery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relic Hunt with FrEaK and DpDave

Go down

Relic Hunt with FrEaK and DpDave Empty Relic Hunt with FrEaK and DpDave

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 am

Freak came down and met Dave and I at the military crossing that I have done so well in the last year. We had a great time. I found several pieces of lead but, nothing spectacular.. I did find a really old spoon, unfortunately it was only a piece. There was an odd decoration on the back.
Relic Hunt with FrEaK and DpDave 100_0410
I did get a low 90's signal on the Garrett's AT Gold. It ended up being some sort of door lock plate.. The front has what appeared to be a decoration that rotated to cover the key hole, the a mechanism that had a bar that might have slide up and down to open the door.
Relic Hunt with FrEaK and DpDave 100_0411 The square hole on the left side had a small bar that broke off during recovery..

this is the back of the plate. Notice the mechanism..
Relic Hunt with FrEaK and DpDave 100_0412
I found a few more odds and ends, including a piece of an old knife-minus the handle and part of the the blade, along with a whatzit posted in the Whatzit column..
again not really an exciting hunt Sleep , but it was a blast to hunt with my buds... Those two together are a trip.. lol!

Relic Hunt with FrEaK and DpDave 100_0416
GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

http://www.gonehunting.mymdforum.com

Back to top Go down

Relic Hunt with FrEaK and DpDave Empty Re: Relic Hunt with FrEaK and DpDave

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Great finds GH

Back to top Go down