United States Relic Recovery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun...

4 posters

Go down

Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun... Empty Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun...

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:55 pm

First off we have smoked out Durant so we had to move to another town. We hunted 5 homes and gained permission on everyone. That was good, had a little drama..lol but thats a whole other story. The first home was actually the original Owner of the first Lumber company in this town. We hunted around the outside of the fence and Freak found his first Indian.. that was cool.
I don't know what it is about me and foreign coins, but it seems like every new spot we go to I end up with some kind of foreign coin.
Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun... Dsc00218
Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun... Dsc00219
My first relic of the day wasn't nothing special, cause I have dug a ton of brass, and brass shutoff valves, but this one was pretty ornate...
Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun... Dsc00220
There is also a gold plated piece of jewelry in this photo. It appears to have a place for several stones. Unfortunately they are not real and some are missing but I like finding that kind of stuff. The other "K" piece is threaded so it was some kind of cap.
I did mangage a wheat but, moving to the inside of the backyard was were most of finds came from.
First good silver signal was silver but not what I expected.
Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun... Dsc00214
It has a sterling hallmark. I haven't had time to research it but I have a feeling it was from the original home owner..
Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun... Dsc00215
The next quarter signal almost cause me to have a heart attack.. I saw a large rim.. and ran an got the camera.
As a lover of tokens this was my "Indian" for the day...
Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun... Dsc00216
Again I haven't had a chance to research any of these finds...
Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun... Dsc00217
We had a blast and Dave just really did good on the silver, and Freak did find a really neat token.. I did find a 7 wheats, one was so smooth I couldn't even tell the date. So I left it out...
Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun... Dsc00221
and a ton of clad.. Ready to go back!
Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun... Dsc00222
GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

http://www.gonehunting.mymdforum.com

Back to top Go down

Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun... Empty Re: Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun...

Post by bagonails Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:37 am

Great hunt, Love the tokens.
bagonails
bagonails
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun... Empty Re: Saturday's hunt with Freak and Hunting4fun...

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:13 am

GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:25 am

The 50th Anniversary Coin I found yesterday was from the Ely and Walker Dry Goods Company, Whats cool is the Walker, is Herbert Walker and was actually the Grandfather of our former President George H. W. Bush.. hense the Herbert Walker in his middle name... Now thats some Gonehunting for History for ya..lol ..
GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by bagonails Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:55 am

Cool history, hey 12 bucks is more than some silver. I will take tokens any day.
bagonails
bagonails
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel In Alaska Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am

Love the Token. WTG!

Daniel In Alaska
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by GonehuntingForHistory Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:51 am

thanks guys I actually recovered vids from the damaged vid card from that hunt and have it in production right now.. hopefully get it up loaded and Tubed tomorrow..
GonehuntingForHistory
GonehuntingForHistory
Horse Shoe
Horse Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by gator211 Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Sweet token GH....that foreign coin is pretty strange looking. I'd be interested to hear where it's from when you find out.

gator211
Square Nail
Square Nail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down